When first assessing our concept sketch, we noticed a remarkable similarity to a classing Lamborghini Aventador. The geometries in the profile were nearly identical. From here, we decided to place a profile show of the car itself in our file and trace it using the Sketch Image tool. This allowed us to get some of the more intricate parts of the profile, such as the gentle sloping of the hood and dramatic curves of the wheel wells and back spoiler. Given the sharper edges and fluid body of the car, we decided that splitting it lengthwise rather than top-bottom would be beneficial to our injection molding process. This would allow us to focus on one half of the car, and be more attentive to replicating the intended design without molding constraints affecting it. We proceeded to model a profile, extrude half, cut away the top profile (to accurately include nose and tail detailing), shelled, then cut the wheel wells post-shell. Our geometries had no issues with shelling once we worked on the geometries of the nose and tail. There are two points in the tail that may produce sinking when molded, but we are expecting it will not be a prevalent issue. Once shelled and cut, we mirrored the half to create one whole shelled car with wheel wells.
Upon inspection by Broughal student, she approved of the design. She selected a black color and picked the name Lambo Launch, and suggested adding the door indentations to capture the spirit of the Aventador.